Sunday, May 2, 2010

3

Cute Pink Flowers!

Posted in ,
I'm dying to get some sun. Seriously, an office job isn't the best for me. Stuck in the office, no sun, no sweat, no photos. I wished I could work as a photographer, an apprentice for a master photographer, anything to polish my skills.

Enough of day dreaming. Today, I had a crazy idea to trying out my zoom lens, 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6, on some of my favourite flowers at Hort Park. Reason being, the depth of field at 250mm is shallow, and it should make a very nice background blur. However, the sunlight wasn't strong enough and caused my shutter speed to slow, and tada! Lots of blur pictures. By the way, the rule of thumb for taking a clear picture is 1/(focal length at 35mm equivalent). Cut the story short, it means I need about 1/350 second to get a nice clear shot. So I ended up using my favourite O' 18-55 kit lens.

Now to the photo. I bet you've seen its red buddies all around singapore, along the road, in parks, everywhere! But when do you see pink ones? Enjoy this picture taken by my trusty noob kit lens!



Camera settings
Focal length: 55mm
F-stop: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/30 second
ISO: 100
Exposure bias: -0.7 step
Handheld

Editing:
High pass
Dodge and burns
clone stamp tool
tone curve changes
Clarity
colour saturation changes
Noise reduction (x2)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it wont be a dream your still young im sure soon u will get ur chance hee.I too wanna learn more so can i hang out with u all when u go take photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dewi: thanks!

    @DaiDai: I'm sure I'll be doing it next time! If you wanna join us, you can email me about the next outing!

    ReplyDelete