Monday, February 27, 2012

0

Cosfest X.2 @ Downtown East!

Posted in ,
I've not been to a cosplay event for about 2 years, because:

1) I'm not that into portrait photography.
2) I don't know when the next cosplay event is coming until it is over.
3) DOWNTOWN EAST IS FREAKING FAR FROM MY HOME.

But, being free, bored, invited, and accompanied by friends, I decided to go down and have a look. It's no much different from the event two years ago, with many character I don't even know who they are (except for Final Fantasy, because I play Dissidia). Well, I believe like many photographers there, they simply don't care who they are. They just want a free model.

(The technical stuff!)
Recently, I've been pondering if a EF-S 15-85mm at 85mm f/5.6 can take better pictures than a EF 50mm f/1.8. Or maybe even a EF-S 55-250mm lens might come into handy. Afterall, many pros carry the EF 70-200mm lens as a portrait lens. I thought it will be a good idea (stupid idea) to try out the lenses that I have during the event. But... It's a really stupid idea, because my bag gets freaking heavy, and I needed to rest after walking for only 3 hours.

Still quite glad that I made a couple of good shots during my time there. Photos below:




http://www.flickr.com/photos/dallasgoh/6785710182/



http://www.flickr.com/photos/dallasgoh/6785742322/



http://www.flickr.com/photos/dallasgoh/6931841495/

Many thanks to these ladies. The rest of the photos (un-edited) can be view on my facebook photo album here:

0 comments: